2013 School of Grounds Management & GIE+EXPO
The PGMS School of Grounds Management is back and better than ever! As always this event will provide attendees with an outstanding multidisciplinary education schedule that is a must for the grounds management profession as well as outstanding networking programs and invaluable insider looks at local grounds operations. Read all of the details below!
*The Pre-Conference Field Trip to Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards is now sold out. Unfortunately we will not be taking walk-ins. If you have already signed up for the tour you may still add on the additional wine tasting.
*The Galt House is sold out as well as the Marriott and Hyatt in Louisville.
Below are other nearby options and links to their website:
- Comfort Suites in Jeffersonville, Ind. $89 per night (2.5 miles away)
- Towne Place Suites by Marriott in Jeffersonville, Ind. $139 per night (1.1 miles away)
- Days Inn in Jeffersonville, Ind. $59 per night (2.6 miles away)
- Holiday Inn in Clarksville, Ind. $98 (1.9 miles away)
You can find other hotel options by clicking here.
PGMS also recommends sharing a room with a fellow professional if possible.
|Registration | Schedule | Hotel Information | GIE+EXPO | Social Media Promotions |
What To Do In Louisville | Click here to download the brochure
- Speakers/Education Programs:
- Aaron Boggs, assistant director for maintenance at the University of Louisville
- Markus Hogue, irrigation water conservation coordinator, landscape services at the University of Texas
- John Ikerd, professor emeritus of Agricultural Economics at the University of Missouri
- Joe Jackson, CGM, president at EcoGrounds Management Systems, PGMS past president
- Grant Jones, regional technical advisor and physiologist for Davey Tree Expert Company
- Brian Jorg, manager of horticulture at the Cincinnati Zoo
- Bob Kief, associate vice president for facilities services at Puget Sound University
- Joe Kovolyan, manager of grounds/automotive at the University of Puget Sound
- Jeff McManus, CGM, director of landscape services, golf and airport operations at the University of Mississippi
- Dr. Justin Mog, assistant to the provost for sustainability initiatives at the University of Louisville
- William Persons, doctoral student and graduate research assistant at the University of Louisville
- Mike Serant, owner of San Jacinto Environmental Supply and president of the Organic Horticultural Benefits Alliance
- Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, ornamental entomologist at Buglady Consulting
- Mary Sweeney, program manager for the Arbor Day Foundation
- Chris Wiesinger, The Bulb Hunter, owner of the Southern Bulb Company
- PGMS booth at the GIE+EXPO – Our booth this year is # 1024. We encourage you to stop by, see the booth and if you are a member, share with others what PGMS membership means to you!
- Pre-conference field trip will be to Huber’s Winery Orchard & Vineyards www.huberwinery.com. An optional wine tasting is available for an additional $5 per person.
- The Industry Comes Together for Fun:
Enjoy three nights of live music with your colleagues at GIE+EXPO’s free concerts at Fourth Street Live! Here is the lineup:
Wednesday, October 23
Opening Act: Aly’An, 7:30 p.m.
Headliner: Craig Morgan, 9 p.m.
Thursday, October 24
Opening Act: Angie Johnson, 7:30 p.m.
Headliner: Three Dog Night, 9 p.m.
Friday, October 25
Opening Act: Simon Pure, 8 p.m.
Headliner: Holly Williams, 9 p.m
- PGMS, You and Facebook:
While you are in Louisville we would love for you share your Facebook updates, statuses and pictures with the PGMS Facebook page so everyone can see what you and PGMS are doing at the show! (PGMS’s Facebook link is www.facebook.com/ProfessionalGroundsManagementSociety.)