1. What is the PGMS?
The Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) was established in 1911 as a professional society for the individual with the purpose of education and professional advancement. The majority of PGMS members are institutional grounds managers who work for organizations such as colleges and universities, municipalities, park and recreation facilities, office parks, apartment complexes, hotels/motels, cemeteries, theme parks, and landscape management companies.
2. What certification programs does PGMS offer?
One of the most important things that you can do to advance your career is to continue your professional development. PGMS offers both the Certified Grounds Manager (CGM) and Certified Grounds Technician (CGT) programs. PGMS also offers the School of Grounds Management (SGM) Certificate Program. For more information please click here.
3. What types of membership does PGMS offer?
- Active member
- Affiliate Member
- Supplier Member
- Partners in Professionalism
- Branch Local Supplier
- Emeritus (retired)
*PGMS membership runs on a calendar year.
4. How do I become a member of PGMS?
To view membership types and join PGMS please click here.
5. What are the benefits of PGMS membership?
- Registration discount to the Annual Conference and Green Industry Expo (GIE)
- Forum Newsletter
- Membership Directory
- Research and Surveys
- Education Manuals
- Certification programs available
- Local Branches
For more details please click here.
6. How may I contact PGMS?
720 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
7. What type of events does PGMS offer?
PGMS offers various events throughout the year including the annual the School of Grounds Management & GIE+EXPO, two seasonal Seminar and Site Visits, local branch events and more. For information on upcoming events please click here.
8. Does PGMS have social media pages?
9. What awards programs does PGMS offer?
Every year PGMS searches for the country’s best maintained landscapes for the PGMS Green Star Awards. For more information on the Green Star Awards program please click here.
10. Does PGMS have local branches throughout the U.S.?
PGMS has ten local branches in the U.S. For a list of the branches and their individual webpages please click here.