Awards and How to Enter
There will be three classes of awards: Grand Awards, Honor Awards and Merit Awards. The judges will award a maximum of one Grand Award and as many Honor and Merit Awards per category that are deserving and reserve the right to decide no entries are deserving in a given category. Awards will be presented during the PGMS School of Grounds Management held in conjunction with the 2013 GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Ky., from Oct. 23-26, 2013.
Click here to download the application form.
All Entries MUST:
- Include a PowerPoint presentation featuring 26 digital high photos (please set camera settings to largest photo size) – 15 photos showing the overall beauty of the total landscape project, 5 photos showing your crew at work, 5 photos showing challenges you face in maintaining your site and 1 photo of yourself as the person in charge is REQUIRED. Entries containing less than, or more than, 26 digital photos will be REJECTED. Once PGMS headquarters receives the submission they will review the entry and immediately contact the applicants of being rejected, giving them a grace period of 5 working days to re-submit with the correct amount of slides. Each PowerPoint slide must include a descriptive caption.The five (5) challenge slides should also include a descriptive comment stating what solutions were implemented to meet the challenge including lessons learned. DO NOT USE POSED SHOTS, ENHANCED OR ALTERED PHOTOS.
- Include on the PowerPoint presentation the Mission Statement for the organization illustrating management philosophy and goals for the future.
- Include an additional descriptive PowerPoint slide outlining (in summary form) the grounds maintenance program for the site.
- Send three CDs of your digital photos entry. Two discs should feature the PowerPoint presentation and 1 disc should just include the 26 digital photos as .jpg files with a 300 dpi resolution.
- Enclose an entry form and a check for the ENTRY FEE: $150 for PGMS members or $225 for others. For a reduced rate of $275, non-members may join PGMS and enter the contest. There is no limit to the number of categories an organization may enter. Each entry, accompanied by the entry fee, must be sent in a separate envelope.
- Entries must be received by Monday, July 29, 2013.
Click here to see a sample PowerPoint presentation from a 2012 Grand Award winner.
Additional Award Plaque Order Form
Click here to download the form to order additional award plaques.