Awards and How to Enter
There will be three classes of awards: Grand, Honor and Merit. The judges will award a maximum of one Grand Award and as many Honor and Merit Awards per category that are deserving and reserve the right to decide no entries are deserving in a given category. Awards will be presented during the PGMS® School of Grounds Management (SGM®) held in conjunction with the 2017 GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Ky., from Oct. 18-21, 2017.
*Please note PGMS has created a new submission process. All submissions will now be done online. At the link below you will be able to fill out your application online, download a PowerPoint template to use and when completed, upload the PowerPoint and pictures online.
Click here to fill out the application form and upload your PowerPoint presentation and photos.
*Please fill out the text for the entry form in a separate word document form and when ready for submission, copy and paste the data over into the forms.
All Entries MUST:
- Include a PowerPoint presentation featuring 26 digital high-res photos (please set camera settings to largest photo size) – 15 photos showing the overall beauty of the total landscape project, 4 photos showing your crew at work, 4 photos showing challenges and solutions faced in maintaining site, 1 photo and description of sustainable practices, 1 photo and description of safety practices and 1 photo of yourself as the person in charge is REQUIRED. Entries containing less than, or more than, 26 digital photos will be REJECTED. Once PGMS headquarters receives the submission they will review the entry and immediately contact the applicants of being rejected, giving them a grace period of 5 working days to re-submit with the correct amount of slides. Each PowerPoint slide must include a descriptive caption. The five (5) challenge slides should also include a descriptive comment stating what solutions were implemented to meet the challenge including lessons learned. DO NOT USE POSED SHOTS, ENHANCED OR ALTERED PHOTOS.
- Include on the PowerPoint presentation the Mission Statement for the organization illustrating management philosophy and goals for the future.
- Include an additional descriptive PowerPoint slide outlining (in summary form) the grounds maintenance program for the site.
- Include an ENTRY FEE: $150 for PGMS members or $225 for others. For a reduced rate of $275, non-members may join PGMS and enter the contest. There is no limit to the number of categories an organization may enter. Each entry, accompanied by the entry fee, must be submitted individually.
- Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on July 31, 2017.
Click here to see a sample PowerPoint presentation from a 2012 Grand Award winner.
Below are images of the actual award plaques given to Honor and Grand Award winners.
Additional Award Plaque Order Form
Click here to download the form to order additional award plaques.
Additional Green Star Award Patches
If you are a Grand or Honor Award winner and you want to order more PGMS Green Star Award Patches please click here to download the order form.