Benefits of Membership
BECOME A MEMBER
Established in 1911, the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) is a nonprofit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to serving and advancing managers of grounds for all specialties and disciplines. The ultimate goal of PGMS is to place its members on the cutting edge of leadership in the Green Industry by developing techniques and management skills to assure an outstanding grounds management program for their respective organization, agency, department, firm or employer and to upgrade the level of the profession.
The benefits of PGMS Membership include:
- Annual Conference and Green Industry Expo (GIE) – A partner in the industry’s most dynamic Green Industry Exposition, PGMS conducts its acclaimed “School of Grounds Management” education conference with the GIE+EXPO and brings together grounds managers, educators and suppliers for the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- Regional Seminar and Site Visit Programs – Providing grounds managers with the hard-to-find opportunities to gain knowledge, ask questions, and network with their peers during these interactive programs featuring education seminars and behind-the-scenes tours of grounds management programs.
- Certifications – Advance your career through professional development. Become a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM) or Certified Grounds Technician (CGT).
- Awards – The annual Green Star Awards Program brings national recognition to grounds management programs maintained with a high degree of excellence.
- Forum Newsletter – The bi-monthly publication of PGMS, the Forum, keeps members current on the affairs of the Society and provides helpful management and technical information.
- Networking – PGMS members establish a large network of fellow professionals from around the world.
- Education Manuals – Initially free to members: Ground Maintenance Estimating Guidelines, Grounds Maintenance Management Guidelines and Grounds Management Forms & Job Descriptions Guide.
- Survey – Members receive a complimentary electronic copy of the Annual Salary Survey results.
- Local Branches – Band together to organize a local branch and enhance education and networking opportunities.
What better way to explain why you should be a member of PGMS than to ask another member?
“I have been in building and grounds for 43 years and during that time I have been to many schools and conferences from the state level to the national level. I can tell you that the PGMS organization is by far the best that I have ever been involved with.”
Ed Gooch, Retired Parks Supervisor, City of Ankeny, Iowa
“Being a member of PGMS offered me the opportunity to network with colleagues sharing information which has helped me improve our grounds management program. I’ve built long-lasting relationships and friendships and have been afforded tremendous opportunities to lead.”
Chris Fay, University of North Carolina, Greensboro, Greensboro, NC
“From the opportunities given me to develop leadership skills, to the national and local networking I’ve enjoyed, PGMS membership has been a wonderful investment in my career. From the outstanding annual conference and Green Industry Expo to the professional certification program, it’s an investment that keeps paying super dividends.”
George Van Haasteren, CGM, Dwight Englewood School, Englewood, NJ
“PGMS membership provides me a chance to serve, to give back to a profession that has given me a great livelihood!”
Kevin O’Donnell, Villanova University, Philadelphia, Pa.
“I joined PGMS to better my knowledge of the Green Industry, to network with my peers, to find ways of working smarter not harder, to become a leader within my company and within my industry, to become more efficient at my job while making my employees more efficient at theirs and to increase my value in my career.”
Matthew Vehr, Moeller’s Nurseries, Cincinnati, Ohio
Mail/fax application to:
720 Light St.
Baltimore, MD 21230