Benefits of Membership
BECOME A MEMBER
Established in 1911, the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS®) is a nonprofit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to serving and advancing managers of grounds for all specialties and disciplines. The ultimate goal of PGMS is to place its members on the cutting edge of leadership in the Green Industry by developing techniques and management skills to assure an outstanding grounds management program for their respective organization, agency, department, firm or employer and to upgrade the level of the profession.
The benefits of PGMS Membership include:
- Annual School of Grounds Management & GIE+EXPO – A partner in the industry’s most dynamic Green Industry Exposition, PGMS conducts its acclaimed “School of Grounds Management” education conference with the GIE+EXPO and brings together grounds managers, educators and suppliers for the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- School of Grounds Management Summer Conference (formerly known as the PGMS Seminar and Site Visit Series) – Providing grounds managers with the hard-to-find opportunities to gain knowledge, ask questions, and network with their peers during these interactive programs featuring education seminars and behind-the-scenes tours of grounds management programs.
- Certifications – Advance your career through professional development. Become a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM®) or Certified Grounds Technician (CGT®).
- Awards – The annual Green Star Awards® Program brings national recognition to grounds management programs maintained with a high degree of excellence.
- Forum Newsletter – The bi-monthly publication of PGMS, the Forum, keeps members current on the affairs of the Society and provides helpful management and technical information.
- Networking – PGMS members establish a large network of fellow professionals from around the world.
- Education Manuals – Initially free to members: Operational Guidelines for Education Facilities: Grounds Second Edition.
- Survey – Members receive a complimentary electronic copy of the Annual Salary Survey results.
- Local Branches – Band together to organize a local branch and enhance education and networking opportunities.
Mail/fax application to:
720 Light St.
Baltimore, MD 21230