West Texas A&M University

University and College Grounds
Honor Award

Home of the Buffaloes, West Texas State Normal College was established in 1910 and in 1990 changed its name to West Texas A&M University after joining the A&M system. The main campus is 176 acres with 43 buildings plus the First United Bank Center and Horse Center. An additional 290 acres are adjacent to the main campus for future expansion.  WTAMU also has a 2,310 acre Nance Ranch with a UL facility bringing the total acreage owned by the university to 2776. Since June of 2013, SSC Services for Education has performed the grounds services on the West Texas A&M University campus.